Click here to view the complete Stage II Submission. Submitted to RIDE February 4, 2021.
Click here to download a fact sheet (PDF) about the projects. Updated February 5, 2021.
The image files in this gallery are available to view or download in PDF format below.
The South Kingstown School Committee’s Stage II Submission to the Rhode Island Department of Education proposes a series of investments in the public school facilities.
Guided by an educational vision to enhance teaching and learning, the proposal includes plans to:
- Expand, renovate, and convert the middle school at Curtis Corner into a relocated South Kingstown High School.
- Expand and renovate the Broad Rock site into a true middle school, serving all students in grades 6-8.
- Make smaller capital investments in all four elementary school buildings, including upgraded library / media centers, and add grade 5 to all.
- Discontinue use of the existing high school facility on Columbia Street and the adjacent Hazard Building.
- Demolish the existing District Administration building at Curtis Corner site to accommodate the high school project.
- Relocate the District Administration offices to the former South Road Elementary School site (currently vacant).
- Complete Stage II Submission (Updated January 6, 2021)
- Project Specifications: South Kingstown High School at Curtis Corner
- Project Specifications: Broad Rock Middle School
- Project Specifications: All SKSD Elementary Schools
- Population and Enrollment Forecasts (2021-2031)
- Traffic Transportation Impact Study and Plan
- Curtis Corner Wetlands Analysis
- Curtis Corner Test Pit Logs
- Classroom Count: SKHS at Curtis Corner
- Classroom Count: SKHS at Columbia Street (Option 3)
To view these images in higher resolution, download the files to your computer.
- South Kingstown High School at Curtis Corner
- Broad Rock Middle School