The Town of South Kingstown has announced details about the special election for the school facilities bond referendum. Read the press release.
ELECTION DAY: Tuesday, May 4, 2021
- Polls will be open from 7:00 am – 8:00 pm.
- See polling locations listed below. Registered voters may vote at any of the three polling locations. All South Kingstown School District students will participate in remote learning on Tuesday, May 4.
- Voters will be asked to vote YES or NO on the $85 million bond referendum to finance the proposed school facilities projects.
- The projects will move forward only if voters approve the bond referendum and RIDE approves the Stage II application for State reimbursement.
VOTER REGISTRATION DEADLINE:
- Sunday, April 4, 4:00 pm
- Voter registration forms are available in outdoor boxes at Town Hall, Peace Dale Library, Robert Beverly Hale Library, and Kingston Free Library.
- Completed forms can be placed in the drop box at Town Hall no later than Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who will reach the age of 18 on or before May 4, 2021 may register to be eligible to vote in the special referendum.
- Persons who have changed their name and wish to update their voting record must re-register.
- Anyone who has moved within the Town also must re-register in order to correct their address.
- Read more about how to register to vote, including online voter registration.
MAIL BALLOT APPLICATION DEADLINE:
- Applications to vote by mail must be received by Tuesday, April 13, at 4:00 pm.
TO RETURN MAIL BALLOTS:
- The drop box for mail ballots will be open on Monday, April 5 at Town Hall.
- Ballots can also be mailed to the Board of Elections.
EMERGENCY (EARLY) VOTING:
Emergency voting (also called “early voting”) will be available from Wednesday, April 14 through Monday, May 3 at 4:00 pm in the Communications Building at Town Hall.
Three polling locations will be open for in-person voting on Tuesday, May 4, from 7:00 am – 8:00 pm.
Registered voters in South Kingstown may go to any one of these three locations to cast a ballot:
- Matunuck Elementary School Cafeteria, 380 Matunuck Beach Road, Wakefield
- South Kingstown High School Cafeteria, 215 Columbia Street, Wakefield (School Street entrance)
- West Kingston Elementary School Cafeteria, 3119 Ministerial Road, West Kingston
NOTE: Because several schools will serve as voting locations, all South Kingstown School District students will participate in remote learning on Tuesday, May 4, 2021.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- See additional questions and answers about the election on the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
- Visit the voter information page on the Town of South Kingstown website
- Call the Town Clerk’s Office at 401-789-9331, ext. 1230