The Town of South Kingstown has announced details about the special election for the school facilities bond referendum. Read the press release.
ELECTION DAY: Tuesday, May 4, 2021
Polls will be open from 7:00 am – 8:00 pm.
Please bring an ID and wear a mask to vote in-person.
Registered voters may vote at any of the three polling locations:
- Matunuck Elementary School Cafeteria, 380 Matunuck Beach Road, Wakefield
- South Kingstown High School Cafeteria, 215 Columbia Street, Wakefield (School Street entrance)
- West Kingston Elementary School Cafeteria, 3119 Ministerial Road, West Kingston
All South Kingstown School District students will participate in remote learning on Tuesday, May 4.
Voters will be asked to vote YES or NO on the $85 million bond referendum to finance the proposed school facilities projects.
The projects will move forward only if voters approve the bond referendum and RIDE approves the Stage II application for State reimbursement.
EMERGENCY (EARLY) VOTING:
Emergency voting (also called “early voting”) will be available from Wednesday, April 14 through Monday, May 3 at 4:00 pm in the Communications Building at Town Hall.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- See additional questions and answers about the election on the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
- Visit the voter information page on the Town of South Kingstown website
- Call the Town Clerk’s Office at 401-789-9331, ext. 1230